Monday 12 February 2007

365 days old

from this


to this
happy birthday to moi
happy birthday to moi
happy birthday to good ol' moi
happy birthday to moi... hip hip hooray!

thank you mama for making me egg-free chocolate cake


thank you papa for the lovely family get-together at nan-nan's

thank you papa and mama
for a first year filled with truly joyous, over-whelming love and ever-cherished moments

and also for
not dropping me on my head
not letting me starve
not letting me sit in my poopies for too long
not letting me go without
not losing the plot too badly
not offering me to angelina, madonna,meg, mia or hugh
(despite the glamourous lifestyle that beckoned),
nor running away from it all when things went awry


for sticking with it
through the tough times and the not-so-funny times
through the head-aching and teeth-clenching tanty times
through the zombifying sleep-deprived nights
through the huge learning curves
through the terrifying fog of the great unknown


and managing to come through it
without breaking any more legs
without losing your silly sense of humour
without abandoning rhyme or reason
without jumping ship

and sometimes against your better judgments
still letting me explore, adventure and chuck hissy-fits
with great aplomb
and most of all
for sharing your bed with me every night ...

here's to the growing toddler days ahead!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blessed Birthday to James !

And big BRAVO to his parents for surviving the first year ! Actually can see how you both not merely survived but are really living the parenting experience to the very fullest and getting so much pleasure from it despite the trials n 'pains'. ;)
Well done, big pat on the back and yes, all the best to the toddler year ahead and the coming terrible twos ! ;)
6 days more to go, for us to blow Luke's 1st birthday candle !

Love and kisses

12:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home